Table of Contents
- Data Controller and Contact Information
- What Information Does AutoUncle Collect?
- For What Purposes Does AutoUncle Process Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies?
- Does AutoUncle Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure is Information About Me?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- Does AutoUncle Store Personal Information Outside of EU?
- Contacts, Notices & Revisions
- AutoUncle websites and apps
- Products for car dealers like AutoUncle Analytics and AutoUncle Leadbox
- Products that are integrated into third-party sites like AutoUncle rating widgets and AutoUncle Trade-in module
Data Controller and Contact Information
Our services are operated by
CVR no. 33165544
Klostergade 56 C
8000 Aarhus C
+45 71 99 21 75
What Information Does AutoUncle Collect?
We collect information to provide better services to all our users – from buyers looking for the perfect deal to sellers looking for an effective sale. Here are three types of information we gather:
Information you give us: we receive and store information you provide in relation to AutoUncle Services. Examples of information is your email, user account, cars you are interested in, cars you own, messages to buyers and sellers that you send and so on. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our AutoUncle Services. In connection with the submission of your data it will always be stated whether the submission is voluntary or necessary for completing the desired action.
Information that is publicly available online: we index and store relevant information that is publicly available on the Internet. Examples of information are data about cars for sale on other websites and the seller’s contact data (if available). We carefully anonymise or delete personal information of this type when the original form is no longer required.
For What Purposes Does AutoUncle Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the AutoUncle Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Searching for cars. We use your personal information to help you find cars that match your interest.
- Selling cars. We use your personal information to help you advertise cars.
- Calculate market value of cars. We use your personal information to help you calculate the market price and potential selling time of your own or other cars.
- Communicate with buyer or seller. We use your personal information to help facilitate communication between buyer and seller.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve AutoUncle Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the AutoUncle Services.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with AutoUncle Services.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to AutoUncle Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does AutoUncle Share Your Personal Information?
We do not share your personal information with companies, organisations, or individuals outside of AutoUncle except in the following cases:
- With your consent: We’ll share personal information outside of AutoUncle when we have your consent. For example if you wish to submit a trade-in request to a car dealer on AutoUncle or the car dealer's website or request a quote for financing a car.
- With Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analysing data, processing payments, securely dispatching emails and developing or optimising AutoUncle Services.
- Required by law: Under specific circumstances and with reference to legislation, it might be necessary to transfer information to public authorities or the police.
Your personal data is disclosed to partners of AutoUncle who deliver services on our behalf, for example secure ways to host and backup data, services for secure and reliable email delivery. These partners only process the personal data on behalf of AutoUncle and in accordance with the instructions of AutoUncle
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to AutoUncle employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the AutoUncle Services.
- If you don’t wish to receive e-emails from us, please unsubscribe from a link at the bottom of an email or by going to your user settings.
- If you don’t wish to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. You are at any time entitled to be informed of the personal data about you that we process, but with certain legislative exceptions.
You may, at any time, withdraw any consent you have provided and we will delete your personal data, unless we can continue the processing based on another purpose.
If you wish to do any of these things, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
Does AutoUncle Store Personal Information Outside of EU?AutoUncle generally never store personal information outside of the European Union (EU). Our services and the personal information that we store are hosted and delivered from servers in EU.
In the event that we are forced to transfer data outside of EU, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
When you enter your email address on our website (either to log in, or to sign up to a newsletter, or similar) we may share personal or other information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), IP address, or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner LiveRamp, Inc. and its group companies, acting as joint controllers. LiveRamp uses this information to create an online identification code for the purpose of recognising you on your devices. This code does not contain any of your identifiable personal data and will not be used by LiveRamp to re-identify you. We place this code in our first party cookie or use a LiveRamp cookie and allow it to be used for online and cross-channel advertising. It may be shared with our advertising partners and other third party advertising companies globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or targeted advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. web, email, connected devices, and in-app, etc).
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at AutoUncle, please email us at email@example.com with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. If you wish to appeal against the processing of your personal data, you can file a complaint with our principal supervisory authority, Datatilsynet in Denmark (www.datatilsynet.dk).